Level the playing field for all students with an equitable approach to learning.
Equality in education means giving each student the exact same thing regardless of their needs, whether it be time, money, or classroom resources. Equity, on the other hand, means that each individual student receives exactly what they need in order to succeed.
Equitable classrooms and curriculums are designed to serve students no matter their race, gender, income level, or ability by personalizing learning to their unique needs. Schools that take an equitable approach to education strive to:
- Provide a strong educational foundation for students of all backgrounds
- Ensure that all students’ individual needs are met, both academic and social-emotional
- Create a positive, engaging learning environment that supports even (and especially) students who are struggling
- Establish curriculum that is inclusive, authentic, and promotes community involvement
- Help learners develop the skills and confidence they need for a lifetime of success
Download our eBook to learn how to meet students where they are and prepare them to thrive beyond the classroom.Download Now